3.8K views
3.0

I bought a water softener from these folks about 11 years ago for a lot of money - over $1,800 x who gave me loads of soap which I didn't really particularly care for nor did I have the storage for. But they sold me on the lifetime warranty.

Today, my unit appeared to be filling with water so called them. They wanted $105 just for the service call and when he got here, he informed me I needed all sorts of parts and wanted $610. He then informed me that the resin costs $250 just to check, thus it is smarter just to replace it for $350, which he was not sure if it is broken or not, but if it is, that ill be an additional $350 which I sure hope includes the service fee. So almost a $1,000 to repair a unit!

I was shopping on line and found Sears units complete for only $399! WTH?

I am really disgusted that I spent this much money to begin with and now on the repairs. Wish I had checked on repairs with someone else as I read online that any repair should not cost more than $200 on a water softener.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of ecowater systems water softener from Ecowater Systems. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ecowater Systems to issue a partial refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ecowater Systems for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Bakersfield, California, United States #1174179

Honestly you sound like your a competitor in the water business and I BELIEVE YOUR A FAKE

EcoWaterSystems2014

As a manufacturer, we are sorry to hear about your experience.

All appliances, including water softeners have a life cycle and require maintenance from time to time. As such, all of our warranties and maintenance requirements are listed in your owners manual. Please contact us at inquiries@ecowater.com if you require a copy of your owners manual.